Responsible for the delivery, revisits, installation, demonstration and troubleshooting of full product line. Advises customers on appropriate systems to achieve specific usage, product value and productivity requirements for each customer’s application. Uses product knowledge, technical skill and troubleshooting ability to calibrate, measure, repair and correct operational methods for full product line.
- High School diploma (or equivalent) required.
- College graduate preferred (business, sales, construction or ag related fields).
- Technical School Graduate preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years or relevant experience required.
- Understands and remembers all written and verbal instructions. Carries out instructions accurately.
- Deals with adversity in a professional manner. Works effectively with co-workers, sharing credit when appropriate.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Must be available to work at any assigned location, including overtime, evenings or weekends (including overnight travel) if needed. Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Completes reports, documentation, and other paperwork accurately and on time. Performs tasks with highest level of quality.
- Performs equipment delivery & after-delivery follow up.
- Perform equipment operation and safety demonstration for customers.
- Perform basic operational training to customer for full product line offered.
- Develop & conduct customized and one-on-one training.
- Maintain communication with regional & national offices on matters concerning assigned operational unit(s).
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, local and safety regulations specific to job function(s).
- Maintain current knowledge and resources to maximize efficiency in assigned operational unit(s).
- Load and secure parts, equipment and/or accessories for delivery.
- Promote Thompson Machinery, CAT and Allied product lines to customers and community.
- Provide task coverage during co-worker’s vacation, training or sick leave, as requested.
- Research and coordinate resolution of discrepancies within assigned operational unit(s).
- Maintain adequate product knowledge of equipment & Allied products.
- Research equipment, parts or Allied products to meet specialized customer requirements.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding equipment and Allied products.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot customer and company equipment for repairs.
- Notify customer of status, availability or urgent concern promptly (personally or by supervisor).
- Perform basic repairs or maintenance to customer or company equipment in a timely manner.
- Remove and install various external machine components.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, training, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Keeps work area clean and unobstructed through the work process. Maintains neat and professional personal appearance, adhering to company dress code.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.