Product Support Manager – Mississippi Region
The Product Support Manager directs all aspects of the company’s Product Support operations for multiple branches in an assigned regional area, specifically for equipment service and parts. The position will lead the regional organization, fostering a team environment centered around its employees and its customer base.
The Product Support Manager leads and supports implementation of strategies for each branch location, including expanding market share and customers within each area. Will ensure each assigned branch location maintains appropriate staffing, scheduling, customer satisfaction, support, and resources.
The Product Support Manager works closely with the Sales team, Service and Parts leadership, Rental Stores, and with various Dealership and Caterpillar support representatives and resources to leverage capabilities to align and deliver company goals for profit, market share and customer satisfaction. Responsible for meeting or exceeding customer expectations through service, parts, sales, and Dealership business processes.
Reporting to the Director of Service, this position will be based in Tupelo, Mississippi.
- Five or more years of management-level equipment service experience with P&L responsibility and demonstrated success in service operations, parts distribution, and a familiarity with sales functions.
- Multi-location management preferred.
- Profit & Loss responsibility and a high level of financial acumen.
- Demonstrated success in developing subordinates to take on higher levels of responsibility.
- Excellent communication ability, presentation skills, and able to work effectively with all levels and departments of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or technical field or relevant experience preferred, High School diploma required.
- Able to manage and function efficiently in a team-oriented, collaborative work environment.
- Requires moderate travel, generally within region and Dealership territory.
- Growth and profitability of Branch facilities located in Mississippi region.
- Management development and succession planning.
- Budget and business planning.
- Fleet planning, deployment and efficient utilization, and end-of-service disposal.
- Staffing and coordination of training needs assessment and employee skills development.
- Safety leadership and compliance with corporate and related regulatory requirements.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of May 19, 2022 04:45 AM