Product Support Parts Runner
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Thompson Machinery, we offer a unique opportunity for candidates to join our team as a Caterpillar equipment dealer, serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi regions since 1944. As industry leaders, we take pride in delivering exceptional equipment solutions to a diverse range of sectors, including construction, forestry, mining, agriculture, and more. As a total equipment solution provider, we extend our expertise to cater to trucking, power generation, and marine businesses. We value the relationships we build with our customers, employees, and the communities we serve. Beyond our business endeavors, we actively engage in philanthropic efforts and community initiatives, making a positive impact on society. As part of our team, candidates will have the opportunity to be a part of an organization that prioritizes customer satisfaction, excellence in service, and community growth. If you are seeking a fulfilling career with a company that values its employees and strives to make a difference, Thompson Machinery is the ideal place to realize your potential and achieve professional success.
The parts Runner position will require a current state issued driver’s license in good standing. This position will run parts out to the Technician in the field and at customer job sites.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to maintain a state issued driver’s license in good standing. DOT Health card in good standing maybe needed in the future.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work. Maintains neat and professional personal appearance, adhering to company dress code.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Must be available to work at any time, including overtime, evenings, or weekends. Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Confirm accuracy of delivery documents (all referenced items are delivered or received).
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing excellence in customer service and representing Thompson Machinery in a professional manner.
- Maintain fleet vehicle.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Aug 31, 2023 11:45 AM