Product Support Quality Control Inspector
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Thompson Machinery, we offer a unique opportunity for candidates to join our team as a Caterpillar equipment dealer, serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi regions since 1944. As industry leaders, we take pride in delivering exceptional equipment solutions to a diverse range of sectors, including construction, forestry, mining, agriculture, and more. As a total equipment solution provider, we extend our expertise to cater to trucking, power generation, and marine businesses. We value the relationships we build with our customers, employees, and the communities we serve. Beyond our business endeavors, we actively engage in philanthropic efforts and community initiatives, making a positive impact on society. As part of our team, candidates will have the opportunity to be a part of an organization that prioritizes customer satisfaction, excellence in service, and community growth. If you are seeking a fulfilling career with a company that values its employees and strives to make a difference, Thompson Machinery is the ideal place to realize your potential and achieve professional success.
The Product Support Quality Control Inspector position is responsible for ensuring quality of repairs completed and driving efficiency throughout the repair process. This includes initiating services and repairs for customer equipment by inspecting equipment upon delivery to the shop as well as a final inspection on the repair prior to the equipment leaving the facility. Utilizing personal product knowledge and experience, this position will assist in verifying warranty and service contract coverage, developing service estimates, writing repair orders, and maintaining customer relations and records during the entire life cycle of a repair.
- Five or more years of previous hands-on equipment diagnostics or troubleshooting experience with construction equipment, including Caterpillar or competitive brands.
- Experience in service of construction equipment is preferred, including technician and/or equipment service and maintenance training through accredited technical schools, equipment dealerships or manufacturer factory training.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, college and/or technical education preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in utilizing office computer software (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to learn and use Caterpillar and dealership proprietary software (Builder, SIS, AS400)
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, adaptability, and a strong customer service focus
- Sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive for success
- Able to work flexible schedules including overtime, occasional weekends and on-call as required
- Able to travel as required for meetings and training, typically within territory (less than 20%)
Evaluates and notes all safety and operational issues with the machines being inspected. Create repair orders describing equipment symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as initial description of repairs and services needed. Obtain approval signatures and enter repair orders into the service database system. Will log parts needed for repairs, time estimates needed to complete repairs, and will collaborate with shop lead and supervisors to schedule technicians for repairs based on the job. Responsible for conducting follow up inspections of equipment before it is released to the customer to ensure all repairs were completed correctly.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.Apply Now
Listing is current as of Aug 31, 2023 11:45 AM