Product Support Quoting Specialist
The Product Support Quoting Specialist position is responsible for technical and administrative support for all Product Support departments. The position will be responsible for creating and maintaining flat rates and standard jobs for use in preparing customer quote packages for service supervisors, parts departments, Customer Service Agreement (CSA) and Condition Monitoring, as well as for the Product Support Sales department. Quotes will include labor hours and parts costs, pricing for maintenance and repair of equipment or components, and will also include assistance with Cat Certified Power Train (CPT) and Cat Certified Rebuild (CCR) proposals. The position will also collect and enter customer data such as machine population and operating hours within the dealer and cost systems.
The position will be based in LaVergne (Nashville), Tennessee.
- Service experience preferred, including technician and/or equipment service and maintenance training through accredited technical schools, equipment dealerships or manufacturer factory training. High school diploma required, college and/or technical education preferred.
- Five or more years of previous hands-on equipment diagnostics and advanced troubleshooting experience with construction equipment, including Caterpillar, Deere, Case, Komatsu, etc. Candidates with limited equipment experience, but with strong engine experience will be considered.
- Skilled in utilizing office computer software (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to learn and use Caterpillar proprietary software (Builder, SIS, AS400)
- Able to work flexible schedules, including overtime, nights, weekends, and on-call as required
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, adaptability, and a strong customer service focus
- Sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive for success
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to travel as required for meetings and training (less than 20%)
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of May 19, 2022 04:45 AM