Project Analyst – Parts Operations
The Project Analyst position is responsible for supporting efficiency improvements to Thompson Machinery’s parts operations. Particularly emphasis is the configuration and implementation of a warehouse management system (WMS) including mapping and barcoding all warehouse locations, selecting, purchasing, and distributing barcode readers and printers, and training parts employees on the use of the WMS.
Reporting within the Parts Department to the General Parts Manager, this will be a temporary assignment expected to last at least one year or longer. The selected candidate will become a dedicated resource to the project, expected to become a technical specialist in the WMS and a resource for assisting in the launch and rollout of the system across the company. This will be a high-visibility role requiring the ability to build and work effectively with internal personnel and requiring proficiency in learning, understanding, and training employees on new systems.
The position will also provide support and analysis in optimizing existing warehouses in layout and operations flow, assist in the design of new warehouses, selection and implementation of advanced systems such as vertical lift modules (VLM’s), automated will-call lockers, and other “smart” storage and delivery systems.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or IT, with experience in learning and implementing new systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; both verbal and written.
- Ability to obtain proficiency in Sketchup or AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as warehouse proprietary software.
- Organized and analytical; able to develop, manage and adhere to project schedules and deadlines using Gantt charts or other scheduling methods.
- A history and demonstrated ability to function effectively and efficiently in a team-oriented, collaborative work environment
- Demonstrated skill providing outstanding customer service, and an ability to represent Thompson Machinery in a professional manner
- Light travel required, generally within the territory, and must be able to maintain scheduling flexibility
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all times, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of May 16, 2022 09:45 PM