Project Manager – Commercial Engine
The Project Manager position is responsible for supporting the sales of Electric Power Generation Sets and other power systems offered by Thompson Machinery’s Commercial Engine Division, the authorized Caterpillar Dealer for west Tennessee and north Mississippi.
Reporting within the Energy & Transportation Division to the Commercial Engine Sales & Rental Manager, this position must be able to effectively communicate with internal personnel as well as with external customers.
Duties include interpretation of project specifications, system design and engineering, and assisting sales department personnel in the development of costing, pricing, and producing customer facing proposals and submittals. Duties also include managing, tracking, reporting and reconciliation of consummated sales. This position will work closely with electrical contractors, general contractors, consulting engineering and architecture firms, and end users. The position will also assist, manage, track and coordinate projects with vendors. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the process.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree, with technical background and experience in electricity, engines, power generation and auxiliary equipment (i.e.: paralleling switchgear, Automatic Transfer Switches, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, etc.)
- Ability to design, review, understand, and edit both electrical and mechanical diagrams and drawings related to onsite power systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Pro, and the ability to obtain proficiency in proprietary software.
- Organized and analytical; able to develop, manage and adhere to project schedules and deadlines
- A history and demonstrated ability to function effectively and efficiently in a team-oriented, collaborative work environment
- Demonstrated skill providing outstanding customer service, and an ability to represent Thompson Machinery in a professional manner
- Light travel required, generally within the territory, and must be able to maintain scheduling flexibility
- Assist Sales Department personnel in quoting projects when necessary.
- Organize and assemble the after-sale product information submittal packet, identifying and describing all components in our scope of supply. This shall be done in a format suitable for contractors and engineers to obtain approvals prior to ordering equipment.
- Order all Caterpillar and non-Caterpillar equipment and material from suppliers, ensuring timely release and delivery.
- Coordinate shipment, freight, delivery and offloading with contractors.
- Produce customer sales process paperwork to initiate the invoicing process.
- Communicate and manage both internal and outside resources to bring projects in on time and within budget.
- Manage and coordinate start-up, testing and commissioning procedures and appropriate documentation with contractors, engineers, customer, owners, utility companies, sales staff and Thompson service departments and technicians.
- As part of the Commercial Engine team, assist with providing technical and business information to Sales Manager needed to help meet market share and revenue projections, product pricing structures and department budgets
- Manage, track and report project status.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present. Therefore, a detailed knowledge of equipment and engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in service and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Oct 29, 2020 10:30 PM