Rental Equipment Inspector
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
The Rental Equipment Inspector will inspect rental equipment for damage and safety issues prior to equipment leaving the Cat Rental Store property for rent to customers, and immediately upon return to the property following rent. Will prepare equipment for upcoming rentals by performing basic preventative maintenance on a variety of rental equipment as needed.
Directs incoming and outbound delivery vehicles, providing direction and guidance to drivers as they enter/exit facility. Will assist in collecting and maintaining asset inventory, including attachments, and accessories for delivery to customers or to service shop. Must be skilled in operating equipment to assist in loading and unloading equipment trailers and maneuvering around site as necessary for safe transportation.
The Rental Equipment Inspector will be based at the Foster Avenue Cat Rental Store location and will report to the Service Shop Supervisor.
- Perform Quick Turn Inspections and prepare condition reports on rental equipment.
- Determine if rental return is “rent ready” or in need of service or repair. Stage equipment in appropriate areas of the yard or shop.
- Communicate with Service management to assist with the accurate estimate of repair costs.
- Execute minor adjustments or repairs apparent on returned equipment or assess and deliver major repairs to Service Shop Supervisor or Shop Mechanics.
- Test equipment for proper operation, including fluid level checks and grease as needed.
- Operates lifting devices, including forklifts, cranes, hoists, and ensure proper equipment and load securement is utilized (chocks, chains, straps, etc.)
- Prepare parts requisitions, timecards, part returns, service reports and other necessary reports or documentation is accurate and complete as assigned.
- Maintain organized, efficient, and clean yard and inventory staging areas.
- Organize and stage rental equipment in accordance with branch workflow procedures.
- Communicate and direct drivers to appropriate areas for off-/on-loading of parts and equipment.
- Assist or direct non-employee drivers, vendors, or service providers as they enter the yard.
- Communicate with the Rental Coordinator in a timely manner when equipment is ready for rent.
- Conduct weekly audit of on-site assets, log into and update inventory tracking systems.
- Maintain high-level of service to ensure outstanding Customer Experience.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and promotes the vision, mission, and values of the Cat Rental Store.
- Complete all job responsibilities in a safe manner, promote and champion a safe, healthy work environment.
- Assist with other facility operation duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, technical training or education a plus.
- Prior relevant experience preferred (equipment, automotive, industrial, etc.)
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of computer-based applications and able to communicate via technology and email effectively and efficiently (MS Office 365, Outlook, phone, etc.)
- Understand and remember written and verbal instructions and carry out instructions accurately.
- Work independent of supervision on tasks and move easily between projects and priorities as required.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Support the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, training, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Operate/maneuver foot pedals of tow motor, forklift and/or trucks and equipment.
- Sporadic bending at the waist 10-90 degrees.
- Able to kneel and reach, working in these positions: crouched, kneeling, bent at the waist, etc.
- Forward reach of up to 16-20 inches.
- Full range of motion for viewing looking ahead, to each side, and to the rear when operating vehicle, equipment, or crane.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.Apply Now
Listing is current as of Aug 31, 2023 11:45 AM