Rental Service Operations Manager
The Rental Service Operations Manager position is responsible for maximizing the effectiveness, efficiency and safety of the Cat Rental Store (CRS) service operations at Thompson Machinery.
Reporting to the Rental Store General Manager, the position will be responsible for overseeing and directing the company’s equipment service activities through CRS Branch Managers and Service Managers who oversee skilled service mechanic/technicians, service support staff and service shop activities for the Cat Rental Store.
The position will play an integral role in hiring and training rental technicians, setting up service shops within new rental stores as the division expands, and overseeing service shop safety. Works closely with the general line construction shop service groups and will coordinate technician training and sharing of technical and new model information. Provides assistance to Rental Store Managers and technicians in prioritizing and completing service responsibilities and will have oversight responsibility for return-to-ready metrics for the Rental Store group.
- Five or more years of previous management level equipment service experience working on construction equipment, including Caterpillar, Deere, Case, Komatsu, etc., and allied equipment including JLG, Genie, Skyjack, etc., preferably within the equipment rental industry
- A strong background in service technician training and/or equipment service and maintenance training through accredited technical schools, equipment dealerships or manufacturer factory training preferred
- Experience with leading process improvement initiatives, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
- High school diploma is required, and college and/or technical education is preferred
- Travel will be light to moderate, generally within the territory
- Manages staff and policies to promote positive strategic plan outcomes
- Assists Rental General Manager in developing Rental Store strategic plan and tactical actions to achieve strategies
- Will maintain project tracking and progress reports for assigned rental service operations
- Investigates and document events of work-related injury and/or property damage
- Basic understanding of business processes, financial statements and balance sheets
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, adaptability and a strong customer service focus
- Sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive for success
- Excellent communication skills, and skilled in basic business software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and on-call hours as required
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
Listing is current as of Jan 20, 2020 02:30 PM