Rental Technical Recruiter
The Product Support Technical Recruiter will support the Company’s equipment service organization through recruiting skilled technicians and other rental operations employees. Will coordinate the advertising and marketing of company job openings, develop sources of technician candidates, conduct phone screen and in-person interviews, and work closely with hiring managers to identify and select appropriate candidates for employment with the company.
The position will be responsible for researching and developing sources to generate applicant pools and candidates, including experienced candidates from within the industry, from technical or trade schools providing education for technician careers, and with entry-level candidates who may be qualified for apprenticeship or other company-sponsored technician training and development programs.
Will work closely with department leadership, supervision or managers, and branch location managers to understand business and hiring needs, using that information to develop appropriate recruiting strategies and tactics. Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, the position will be based in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent, with a preference for completion of a college degree or training in recruitment and talent acquisition.
- Helpful to have experience with construction equipment service and skilled trade environments or prior recruiting experience.
- Strong analytical skills and able to turn complex processes into workable recruiting programs.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Office applications software (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to learn and become conversational with Caterpillar proprietary software (ET, SIS, DBS, and VIMS).
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills; adheres to defined documentation standards.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as needed and practice effective time management skills.
- Attend training as required and actively seek to continually develop professional skills and abilities.
- Attend events, team meetings and functions as required.
- General understanding of Thompson Machinery products and services, organization structure, and operational goals, and strong awareness of how customers use our products and services.
- Provide strong customer service, understand internal and external customer needs.
- Sourcing and screening candidates using recruitment tools like Paycor, Indeed, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, Monster, Social Media, Resume Databases, and other candidate referral programs.
- Conduct candidate interviews by phone screen or in person.
- Consult with hiring managers and analyze department hiring needs and expectations and establish position details and qualification requirement with each manager.
- Gather industry market data and recruiting information related to competitors, wage rates, benefit programs, and other relevant recruiting tools.
- Provide an excellent candidate experience through clear communication of position responsibilities; hiring manager expectations; and company culture, values, mission, and vision.
- Network with industry resources including schools and instructors, networking events, career fairs, vendors, etc., and become a liaison across company departments for candidates who fit the Thompson Machinery culture.
- Build relationships with company employees, candidates, resources, and with industry experts to establish a network of candidate contacts and referrals.
- Plan and coordinate recruiting events, facility tours, and outreach activities focused on recruiting for company positions.
- Establish additional efforts, techniques, and other creative tools for talent acquisition.
- Assist in training hiring managers in proper and effective recruiting, interviewing and selection processes.
- Travel between Thompson Machinery locations or recruiting sites as assigned.
- Candidate must pass a pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Jun 02, 2023 07:45 PM