Rental Used Equipment Coordinator
The Rental Used Equipment Coordinator position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Cat Rental Store with coordination and processing of rental used equipment sales. Position will work closely with the Rental Used Equipment and Rental Asset Managers and will assist Rental Sales Representatives with rental transactions and orders, including customer contacts, pricing, inventory availability, coordination of transportation and shipping, and service requests. Will also assist in assembling auction/broker packages where appropriate.
Reporting to the Rental Used Equipment Manager, the Rental Used Equipment Coordinator may be based in either the Memphis or Nashville/Middle Tennessee areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field preferred, High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Some experience in the construction equipment industry (rental, OEM dealer, auction, contractor).
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Creative, self-driven, detail oriented.
- Able to use standard office equipment: computers, calculators, printers, copiers and fax.
- Proficient in the use of basic Microsoft applications, Web-browsers, and able to develop functional ability in the use of proprietary software (I-Rental).
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, vendors and managers.
- Demonstrate ability to function efficiently in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Coordinate and organize the Cat Rental Store used equipment inventory, maintaining sales lists with status of all pending sale machines.
- Work closely, coordinate with Sales Operations function to expedite the processing of machine rollouts for sale.
- Coordinate movement of machines to Certified Used Equipment (CUE) machine prep into Thompson Machinery service shops, through staging areas, and to branch sale locations.
- Generate work authorization paperwork for service or repair work required from Service Department.
- Work with Thompson Machinery Marketing department on Used Equipment promotions.
- Maintain and enhance Point-of-Sale signage, marketing materials for CUE staging areas.
- Facilitate the matching of attachments with sold machines.
- Communicate with sales reps on the status of machine prep for deals.
- Ensure photos, pricing of machines on website.
- File for Caterpillar Certified Used (CCU) credits, warranties, etc.
- Work with auction companies (Ritchie Bros., Iron Planet, etc.) to prepare auction packages.
- Communicate with other dealers on machines we need to add or delete.
- Prepare written reports and recommendations as required by the Dealership.
- Ability to develop, maintain and manage strong customer relationships with construction and other similar industry customers.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now