The Risk Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company’s property and casualty insurance programs, as well as insurance products represented by the company. Will be responsible to review and purchase insurance programs, manage claims and loss control activities, and will manage relationships with third party service providers including brokers and insurers. Will also prepare loss analysis and budgets, identify exposures, and recommend solutions, implement approved programs, and promote loss prevention with management team. Communicates policies and processes within the company, and develops risk models involving industry, credit, and operational risk, assuring controls are operating effectively.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the position will be based in Nashville, Tennessee.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of job-related experience
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of office administration procedures with ability to operate most standard office equipment
- Able to work professionally with sensitive, proprietary data and information, and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels; both internal and external
- Exercise sound judgment in responding to inquiries; understands when to route inquiries to next levels
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames
- Ability to adapt to frequent priority changes
- Capable of working within established policies, procedures and practices prescribed by the organization
- Responsible for managing all property, casualty, and financial lines insurance products procured through applicable insurance brokers
- Responsible for coordinating the collection and validation of exposure data for annual insurance renewals
- Work with insurance brokers to fulfill insurance renewal requests, complete insurance applications and gather exposure information for all lines of property, casualty, and financial lines of insurance
- Gather facility level exposure data such as census forecasts, property values, and vehicle schedules
- Oversee claims administration for physical damage repair and auto liability claims reporting
- Assist in the placement of various forms of collateral such as bonds, trusts, or letters of credit for insurance programs
- Request and provide Certificates of Insurance for facilities and insured providers
- Utilize captive insurance companies for several areas of risk
- Maintain relationships with insurance and risk associations, brokers, and related legal service institutions
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Oct 02, 2022 06:45 AM