Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for interpreting data and turning it into information which can offer ways to improve a business and/or use it to make strategic business decisions.
- MBA with analytics background preferred.
- 4+ years of related work experience preferred.
- Strong business acumen of information systems and data analytics
- Solid understanding of financial statements: income statement and balance sheet
- Previous experience with Power BI (preferred) and/or Tableau required.
- Ability to extract data using SQL.
- High drive and enthusiasm to work with others and solve problems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Create Power BI reports and dashboards that transform data into insightful information that drives success for Thompson Machinery and its customers.
- Be a driving force within the Business Analytics team to enable optimized performance for all operational divisions.
- Collaborate with business-line managers to select and implement data analytics solutions to aid in achieving Thompson Machinery’s strategic goals.
- Derives insights from complex data from a variety of sources and communicates findings to senior management and business-line managers.
- Consult with employees on how to leverage technology to improve their processes.
- Manage the Thompson Machinery data warehouse to ensure accuracy and add new data to meet continuously evolving business needs.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Apr 12, 2021 12:30 AM