Senior Facility Development and Maintenance Manager
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
The Facility Development and Maintenance Manager directs all aspects of the company’s facility design, construction, and maintenance activities. Will be responsible for development and management of annual facility construction and maintenance budgets, including oversight of project performance, contractor management, and facility cost and efficiency improvement opportunities.
A key member of the company leadership team, the position is critical in the creation and implementation of facility strategies to support the company’s mission. Serves as a conduit for communications with dealership management, department leaders, as well as a variety of internal and external resources and vendors involved in facility design, construction, and maintenance services.
Reporting to the VP Facility Development and Government Relations, this position will be based in LaVergne (Nashville), Tennessee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Facility Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in facility development, maintenance, and operations management.
- Strong knowledge of building systems, codes, and regulations.
- Preferred is experience with 3D drawing programs such as Sketchup, AutoCAD, Revit, or similar, to be able to receive valuable internal feedback to design and build facilities that suit our needs.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Assume moderate levels of travel, generally within region and dealership territory.
- Facility Development: Lead and oversee the design and construction of new facilities, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and contractors to develop plans and specifications for facility projects.
- Collaborate with company stakeholders to understand appropriate location and design, ensuring we build facilities to fit our business plans, our employees, and our customer’s needs.
- Manage the budget and timelines for facility development projects.
- Conduct feasibility studies and recommend appropriate facility improvements and expansions.
- Actively involved in procurement process for appropriate land parcels for size, location, visibility, and soil and surface water conditions.
- Facility Maintenance: Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs for all dealership facilities.
- Coordinate and supervise the company’s maintenance manager and staff, including technicians, custodial personnel, and external contractors.
- Ensure efficient operation of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Perform regular inspections to identify and address maintenance issues promptly.
- Oversee repair and replacement of equipment and systems as needed.
- Budget and Resource Management:
- Develop and manage the annual facility maintenance budget.
- Optimize resource allocation to ensure cost-effective maintenance operations.
- Review and approve invoices and purchase orders related to facility maintenance and development projects.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Stakeholder Communication:
- Liaise with dealership management, department heads, and external vendors to understand facility needs and address any concerns.
- Communicate project updates, maintenance schedules, and facility-related issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support operational requirements and business objectives.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Dec 03, 2023 11:45 PM