Service Operations Analyst/Trainer
The Service Operations Analyst/Trainer supports the Company’s Product Support organization through the administration and use of various business data management systems, specifically the Dealer Business System (DBS) used for processing labor work orders, parts ordering and inventory, and other service, rental and equipment management records. The position will work closely with department supervisors, managers and branch managers to understand specific business needs and for assisting them with the use and reporting of data from the company’s systems.
The Service Operations Analyst/Trainer is also responsible for developing training curriculum, course materials and presentations for instruction of Company personnel in the proper use of the DBS system, and will conduct one-on-one and classroom instruction for that purpose. By working with department managers and supervisors, will use information from them to develop appropriate organizational training programs.
Reporting to the Product Support Technical Support Manager, the position will be based in LaVergne, Tennessee.
- Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent, with a preference for completion of an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in relevant business fields.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in equipment dealership administrative support positions.
- Strong analytical skills and able to turn complex processes into workable training programs.
- Experience with and able to utilize Microsoft Office software applications (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to learn and use Caterpillar proprietary software (DBS, ET, SIS, and VIMS).
- Able to work in cross-functional groups and lead collaborative projects.
- Able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the company while effectively managing expectations.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate mentoring, coaching and team building skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; adheres to defined documentation standards.
- Attend training as required and actively seek to continually enhance understanding of processes and methodologies.
- Attend events, team meetings and functions as required.
- Adhere to all Company processes and policies while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ensure Thompson Machinery values are always evident within the Company and to customers.
- Open or close work orders (WO) as needed within system, assist with maintenance, adding or deleting segments, troubleshooting errors, editing technician notes.
- Review audit trails to ensure accuracy of WO details (i.e.: parts, labor, rates, equipment detail, and system coding.
- Invoice customers for Training Department.
- Corrects customer purchase orders on invoiced WO with data utility file.
- Establish sell rates and maintain as necessary for miscellaneous entry and labor.
- Review jobs in EST status monthly, delete duplicates.
- Set up temporary or non-revenue employees with employee number.
- Establish and maintain job and component database.
- Review technician labor recap to ensure appropriate overtime codes and balance to timekeeping.
- Develop and conduct training and documentation on new procedures and systems, conducting classroom training events at various company locations as needed.
- Develop and maintain training curriculum, documentation and course presentation materials as a resource inventory for future use.
- Assist in recruiting efforts for all Thompson Machinery locations.
- Training/troubleshooting on Purchasing system; reset status/vendor numbers.
- Maintain file for Customer software/license renew & bill when due.
- Administer second level IT Security for individual employees.
- Establish new store service parameters when necessary.
- Work with Accounting Department on clearing purchase orders; griefs on WO etc.
- Maintain PM contracts for EPG divisions – open WO; reports.
- Maintain & establish labor approval system where utilized for group approvers and technicians.
- Travel between Thompson Machinery locations and including overnight travel as necessary.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now