Service Solutions Manager
The Service Solutions Manager directs activities of the company’s Service Solutions team within the Product Support organization. Responsibilities include developing and implementing strategies for technical support processes and for providing support and resources to the Product Support organization, customers, and employees.
Connects the Product Support team members with processes and systems to improve operational efficiency and ensure a world-class customer experience through equipment management procedures. Directs work output of areas such as Standard Jobs and Quoting, and Customer Service Agreements (CSA).
Manages the Technical Communicator team (TC) and Technical Services and is responsible for Connected Asset Services and identifying the necessary technologies, solutions, and processes to execute those strategies. Monitors and manages customer assets under maintenance agreements including supervising the Equipment Management Solutions (EMS) group. Will measure asset connectivity and subscription process. Anticipates customer needs and advises on delivery and adoption of technology enabled solutions and related services.
The position assists the entire Product Support group in aligning company strategies with Caterpillar, supporting our goals for growth, generating, and delivering service revenue and profitability, and for ensuring customer satisfaction. This management-level position reports to the Director of Service and is based within Thompson Machinery’s coverage area.
- Prior experience or ability to lead and manage a technical support function, including Profit & Loss responsibilities, inventory management, personnel management, and budgeting.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience at Thompson Machinery or Caterpillar, preferably in product Service Management and/or Parts areas of the business.
- Familiarization with construction equipment delivery, service, repair, and parts operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or technical service fields preferred. High School diploma required.
- Experience representing and servicing industry leading high-value, high-tech construction equipment.
- Knowledge of construction industry, and familiarization with territory projects and customers.
- Strong skills in developing, maintaining, and managing relationships, both internally (Service, Sales, Parts, and division resources), and externally (Caterpillar and customers).
- Able to function efficiently and to manage within a team-oriented, collaborative work environment.
- Excellent communication ability with external customers and suppliers and with internal resources.
- Requires moderate travel (35 – 40%), including overnight, generally within territory.
- Customer Solutions
- Oil Lab
- Vision Link
- Standard Jobs
- Estimating and Quoting
- Customer Value Agreements (CVA)
- Technical Support (internal and external)
- Service Excellence Program/Digital Excellence Program
- Technical Communicator Team (TC’s)
- Interact with Caterpillar representatives and dealer counterparts, attend service and technical support meetings and training,
- Service Operations Analysis
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Jun 26, 2022 10:45 AM