Product Support Service Writer
The Product Support Service Writer position is responsible for initiating services and repairs for customer equipment by ascertaining equipment performance problems and services requested by customers. Building on personal product knowledge, will assist in verifying warranty and service contract coverage, developing service estimates, writing repair orders, and maintaining customer relations and records.
The Product Support Service Writer position can become a developmental opportunity in which supervisory experience is gained over time. The position will be based in LaVergne (Nashville), Tennessee.
- Experience in service of construction equipment is preferred, including technician and/or equipment service and maintenance training through accredited technical schools, equipment dealerships or manufacturer factory training.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, college and/or technical education preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Five or more years of previous hands-on equipment diagnostics or troubleshooting experience with construction equipment, including Caterpillar or competitive brands.
- Skilled in utilizing office computer software (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to learn and use Caterpillar and dealership proprietary software (Builder, SIS, AS400)
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, adaptability, and a strong customer service focus
- Sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive for success
- Able to work flexible schedules including overtime, occasional weekends and on-call as required
- Able to travel as required for meetings and training, typically within territory (less than 20%)
Repair Orders will describe equipment symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as initial description of repairs and services required. Obtain approval signatures and enters Repair Order into service database system. Will log parts needed, time estimates to allocate to complete repairs, and will work with shop lead and supervisors to schedule appropriate technicians for the job based on repair needs.
Performing a liaison function between the dealership service departments and the customer, maintains contact with the customer, explains estimates and expected return date or time of equipment delivery, obtains approval of estimates, obtains and provides contact telephone numbers, and answer questions and concerns. Through personal interaction with customer will provides a connection and bring efficiency to the transaction, and by facilitating the service experience, ensures all needs are fulfilled and the customer has an outstanding experience.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Mar 07, 2021 04:30 AM