Technology Sales Coordinator – Intern – SITECH Tri-Rivers
We are looking for an eager intern that is seeking to increase their exposure to the Construction Technology industry. The internship covers an overview of Machine Control & Guidance, Telematics, Technology Hardware Component Repair, Sales, and Inventory Management. Inters will gain hands-on experience to various components of the Construction Technology Industry and gain exposure to industry professionals. SITECH Tri-Rivers is a subsidiary of Thompson Machinery, the exclusive Cat dealer in Middle and West Tennessee, and North Mississippi.
- Candidates must be pursuing an undergraduate degree, preferably in Construction or Concrete Industry Management, Surveying and Mapping, or Civil Engineering.
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Must have effective written and verbal communication, strong motivation and work ethic, and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must be willing to perform basic field service tasks with technicians.
- Learn how field technicians stall, diagnose, and repair machine control systems.
- Learn how shop technicians diagnose and repair machine control and survey equipment.
- Lean how 3D drone mapping and data analytics provides solutions for civil construction and earthworks operations.
- Learn processes in parts/warehousing, service, rental, and sales operations.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
SITECH Tri-Rivers is the exclusive Trimble dealer in Middle and West Tennessee, and North Mississippi for machine control solutions, site surveying solutions, drone services and support, and connected jobsites. SITECH Tri-Rivers is a subsidiary of Thompson Machinery.
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Sep 22, 2021 12:45 AM