Technical Communication Supervisor
The position is responsible for managing the Technical Communicator (TC) team as support is provided to service technicians through one-on-one, phone or written communication. This is a working supervisor role, with responsibility for providing technical advice along with TC team members, researching technical and service issues (bulletins, schematics, internet, etc.) and presenting efficient repair solutions, and creating, locating, and maintaining resources for technical support.
This position will be based in LaVergne, Tennessee, reporting to the Service Solutions Manager, and will serve technicians and service personnel across the Thompson Machinery territory.
- College and/or technical education preferred.
- Five or more years of Service Technician experience in repair and maintenance of Caterpillar equipment is essential with a proficiency in machine repair and troubleshooting.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability and confidence to interact with a wide array of customers, co-workers, vendors, or managers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate both in-person, by using land or cell phones, or through email systems.
- Skilled in providing instruction, mentorship, and coaching by sharing information and training junior technicians and customers as needed.
- Possess a working knowledge of failure analysis methods and processes.
- Develop functional ability in the use of proprietary (i.e., Caterpillar, etc.) software and/or technologies.
- Maintain valid driver’s license from the state of residence and comply with company driving policy.
- Understand and remember written and verbal instructions and carry out instructions accurately.
- Assigns work within the TC team to ensure workload is distributed efficiently and provide technical training and guidance to team members.
- Function as a service specialist for all Caterpillar brand equipment offered by the company, including service specifications, repair techniques and the technical guidance required to effectively service equipment.
- Work closely with the Technical Training department on equipment-related technologies and equipment updates as equipment models evolve.
- Interact with individual TC’s, equipment customers, and the Product Support managers and leadership group regarding technical needs.
- Conduct performance evaluations for team members, maintain effective work, vacation, and training schedules.
- Assess and communicate findings on failed components using applied failure analysis.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot customer and company equipment for repairs.
- Interpret test results from service technicians, lab reports or other analytical tools.
- Research and interpret components, diagrams, and systems for equipment repairs.
- Review and maintain familiarity with service letters, technical bulletins and any other publications or information sources from Caterpillar and other vendors.
- Use personal and company tools and resources effectively. Demonstrates analysis and troubleshooting aptitude by use of thoughtful and intelligent problem-solving processes.
- Work independently on assigned tasks. Move between projects as scheduling requires.
- Maintain a constant awareness of hazards inherent to work within this industry.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Jun 02, 2023 05:45 PM