Recruiter – Technical Positions
The Product Support Technical Recruiter will support the Company’s equipment service organization through recruiting of skilled technician and other service operations employees. Will coordinate the advertising and marketing of company job openings, develops sources of technician candidates, conduct phone screen and in-person interviews, and will work closely with hiring managers to identify and select appropriate candidates for employment with the company.
The position will be responsible for researching and developing sources to generate applicant pools and candidates, including experienced candidates from within the industry, from technical or trade schools providing education for technician careers, and with entry-level candidates who may be qualified for apprenticeship or other company-sponsored technician training and development programs.
Will work closely with department leadership, supervision or managers, and branch location managers to understand business and hiring needs, using that information to develop appropriate recruiting strategies and tactics. Reporting to the Corporate Recruiter, the position will be based in Memphis, Tennessee and responsible for the west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region.
- Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent, with a preference for completion of college degree or training in skilled service or technician program.
- Helpful to have experience with construction equipment service and skilled trade environments or prior recruiting experience.
- Strong analytical skills and able to turn complex processes into workable recruiting programs.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Office applications software (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to learn and become conversational with Caterpillar proprietary software (ET, SIS, DBS, and VIMS).
- Prior work experience desired.
- Able to work in cross-functional groups and lead collaborative projects.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills; adheres to defined documentation standards.
- Able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the company while effectively managing expectations.
- Demonstrate mentoring, coaching and team building skills, and manage and build new and existing relationships.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as needed and practice effective time management skills.
- Attend training as required and actively seek to continually develop professional skills and abilities.
- Attend events, team meetings and functions as required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, ensuring company values are evident to the Company, candidates, and customers, and adhere to all company processes and policies.
- General understanding of Thompson Machinery products and services, organization structure, and operational goals, and strong awareness of how customers use our products and services.
- Provide strong customer service, understand internal and external customer needs.
- Provide value to the company by being a contributing member of the team, working together to deliver results to department, and ultimately to our customers.
- Sourcing and screening candidates using recruitment tools like Paycor, Indeed, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, Monster, Social Media, Resume Databases, and other candidate referral programs.
- Conduct candidate interviews by phone screen or in person.
- Consult with hiring managers and analyze department hiring needs and expectations and establish position details and qualification requirement with each manager.
- Gather industry market data and recruiting information related to competitors, wage rates, benefit programs, and other relevant recruiting tools.
- Provide an excellent candidate experience through clear communication of position responsibilities; hiring manager expectations; and company culture, values, mission, and vision.
- Network with industry resources including schools and instructors, networking events, career fairs, vendors, etc., and become a liaison across company departments for candidates who fit the Thompson Machinery culture.
- Build relationships with company employees, candidates, resources, and with industry experts to establish a network of candidate contacts and referrals.
- Plan and coordinate recruiting events, facility tours, and outreach activities focused on recruiting for company positions.
- Establish additional efforts, techniques, and other creative tools for talent acquisition.
- Work with internal department resources to develop and maintain recruiting materials, flyers, handouts and recruiting “swag” to assist with recruiting.
- Assist in training hiring managers in proper and effective recruiting, interviewing and selection processes.
- Travel between Thompson Machinery locations or recruiting sites as assigned.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Jun 16, 2021 07:45 AM