Technical Services Specialist – SITECH Tri-Rivers
The Technical Services Specialist will assist and support the development, growth and the delivery of the professional services division for SITECH Tri-Rivers, LLC. Ideal candidates will have a background in civil/structural engineering, software engineering, survey and/or construction management. This is a full time position that will be based out of Nashville, TN focusing support on Middle and West Tennessee and North Mississippi. The position will report directly to our General Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience required
- Experience with GPS or Machine Guidance a plus
- Experience with Trimble GNSS and other SPS products a plus
- Experience providing technical support and training to end users in a related field is a plus
- Must be a dependable, self motivated, ethical, analytical, problem solver with a good attitude and even better work ethic
- Must possess the ability to progress technically at a fast pace and retain technical information well
- Must have a strong mechanical skill
- Must be able to communicate effectively/clearly, both verbally and in writing; including phone, e-mail, and face-to-face customer support
- Must be calm and decisive in high pressure situations when customers have critical support issues
- Must be capable of working in a team-based environment
- Hours of work may be flexible according to customer needs; early support calls, and weekend support calls can have and will happen
- Construction experience in dirt moving / grading applications or in related fields a plus
- Travel is required; most travel will be out and back during the workday for support calls; some overnight trips will be required for support, installs, or meetings
- This will require you to participate in the creation and/or verification of 3D data prep models for end users.
- Become a proficient user with all modules of Trimble Business Center (HCE). Ultimately, becoming a Trimble Certified Trainer in order to conduct end user classroom trainings.
- Participate as directed in the consultation services to end users (fee-based); assisting clients with best practices’ when utilizing technology for jobsite applications.
- Develop skills necessary to support drone flight services which support our “heavy & highway” product and solutions portfolio
- Assist as needed in the support and training processes for the entire SITECH territory. The main focus will be in the post-sale support of newly acquired technology; encompassing machine control, paving control, site positioning, asset management / mobile GPS technologies, and related software.
- Participate as directed in the pre-sale application analysis, product specification, and customer demonstrations for “heavy & highway” applications.
- Provide timely follow-up and resolution to customer issues via phone, email, or in-person.
- Develop fee-based training curriculums for classroom and field as required by customers. In conjunction with the support team and outside trainers, prepare regular fee-based training events for each territory to provide customers with seasonal training opportunities.
- Work with Trimble Technical Support as needed for prompt, accurate resolution of unique or complex issues.
- Manage required information for liability purposes within a project database. Submit all necessary forms and paperwork as directed by management and/or in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain organized customer contact records. Provide timely and complete activity reports
- Maintain responsibility for vehicle, demo inventory, computer, and/or any other company assets entrusted to you to perform your job duties.
- Escalate any unresolved issues in an effective and time efficient manner to the proper associates
- To accurately record and log all details of malfunctions and work performed. Provide timely follow-up and follow through
- Research common problems identified with machine guidance systems and determine required corrective outcomes as and when required
- Provide assistance and support to install personnel
- Work directly with Trimble and SITECH support staff along with associates of heavy equipment OEMs staff on matters of sales, support and other field activities
- Maintain responsibility for all company assets issued to you. This includes but not limited to, demo equipment, field service equipment, vehicles, computers, and paperwork
- Consistently follow all job and office related policies and procedures
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present. Therefore, a detailed knowledge of equipment and engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in service and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
SITECH Tri-Rivers is a subsidiary of Thompson Machinery Commerce Corporation that was founded in 1944 and serves as the exclusive Caterpillar Inc. dealer for Middle and West Tennessee and North Mississippi. The fourth generation, family owned company has multiple divisions and subsidiary companies that focus on construction, power generation, and transportation, as well as investments in Aries Clean Energy, Nikola Motor Company, and the Nashville Predators NHL hockey team.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Mar 07, 2021 06:30 AM