The Product Support Technical Trainer will support the Company’s service technicians through one-on-one and classroom instruction. The position will be responsible for researching and developing curriculum, presenting those course materials, and will create and maintain resources for continual training. Will work closely with department supervisors, managers and branch managers to understand business needs, using that information to develop appropriate organizational training.
Reporting to the Product Support Training Manager, the position will be based in either LaVergne, TN or Memphis, TN.
- Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent diploma, with a preference to completing training and/or equipment service and maintenance training through an accredited technical school, equipment dealership or manufacturer program.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience with equipment service, diagnostics and troubleshooting on construction equipment.
- Strong analytical skills and able to turn complex processes into workable training programs.
- Experience with and able to utilize Microsoft Office software applications software (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes).
- Ability to learn and use Caterpillar proprietary software (ET, SIS, DBS, VIMS).
- Able to work in cross-functional groups and lead collaborative projects.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate mentoring, coaching and team building skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Attend training as required and actively seek to continually enhance understanding of processes and methodologies.
- Detailed understanding of Thompson Machinery products and services, with a focus on how customers use our products and services.
- Continuous professional development in the industries Thompson Machinery focuses on, while understanding our business model.
- Manage and build new and existing relationships.
- Focuses on team and the importance of working together to achieve success.
- Equipped with the soft skills necessary to be successful in interactions with others.
- Provide value to the company by being a contributing member of the training team, delivering products to both our customers and staff.
- Plan and coordinate focused training programs for technicians.
- Develop and conduct training and documentation on new procedures and systems.
- Conduct classroom training events at various company locations.
- Develop and maintain training curriculum, documentation and course presentation materials as a resource inventory for future use.
- Document and maintain training records for assigned operational units and class participants.
- Coordinate and maintain training resource inventory.
- Serve as Mentor to assigned Mentee candidates.
- Develop systematic career training pathways to assigned Mentees.
- Conducts mandatory training programs for all new personnel (i.e.: Forklift Safety, A/C 609, etc.).
- Collaborate with peers, subject matter experts, and end-user customers to define, clarify, and validate training requirements and specifications.
- Develop and conduct customer technical training sessions.
- Assist in recruiting efforts for all Thompson Machinery locations.
- Attend assigned Caterpillar instructor lead training.
- Travel between Thompson Machinery locations as assigned
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Jul 30, 2021 12:45 PM