Technology Support Specialist – SITECH
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering preferred or related work experience.
- Extensive survey and construction experience in Heavy Civil Construction, including commercial site development and paving.
- Experience working with Trimble GC900, Trimble Earthworks, CAT Accugrade, CAT Grade, Trimble and Spectra Laser Systems, Paving Controls Systems, etc. preferred.
- Exhibits communication skills necessary to sell premium technology products.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative.
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Day-to-day travel in West Tennessee and North Mississippi required; some overnight trips in middle Tennessee required.
- Installation of integrated and after-market machine control systems.
- Advanced trouble shooting and service repairs.
- Customer technology demonstrations.
- System updated and other software related tasks.
- Jobsite technology set-up, training and support.
- Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
SITECH Tri-Rivers is a subsidiary of Thompson Machinery Commerce Corporation that was founded in 1944 and serves as the exclusive Caterpillar Inc. dealer for Middle and West Tennessee and North Mississippi. The fourth generation, family owned company has multiple divisions and subsidiary companies that focus on construction, power generation, and transportation, as well as investments in Aries Clean Energy, Nikola Motor Company, and the Nashville Predators NHL hockey team.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.