Territory Sales Representative – Compact Equipment
Individuals will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with equipment customers within an assigned territory. Maintains current knowledge of CAT products, allied equipment and competitor equipment, to provide intelligent solutions to customer needs. Functions within company guidelines in the sales, financing, trade-in/purchase, logistics, and after-sales customer support.
- Compact Track Loaders, Skid Steer Loaders, Mini Hydraulic Excavators, Compact Wheel Loaders and Telehandlers
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, sales, construction or agriculture related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years equipment sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing excellence in customer service, and representing Thompson Machinery in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic Microsoft (MS Office 365, Excel, etc.) applications and the ability to learn in the use of Proprietary (i.e. Caterpillar, etc.) software.
- Must maintain loyalty to Corporate objectives in completing assigned tasks and confidentiality of sensitive corporate information.
- Must be able to communicate (written and verbal) with customers, co-workers, or managers about related to job functions.
- Demonstrate proficiency to functioning efficiently in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must reside in, or be willing to relocate to the area, to cover the assigned territory.
- Requires minimal to moderate travel, generally within territory.
The Territory Sales Representative is both a technical expert and the Company’s primary contact with the customer.
- Perform equipment operation and safety demonstrations for Customers.
- Promote Thompson Machinery, CAT and Allied Product lines to customers and community.
- Research and coordinate resolution of discrepancies with assigned operational units.
- Coordinate financing documentation with credit departments.
- Develop sales proposals and/or presentations from customer inquiries.
- Maintain adequate product knowledge of equipment and Allied products.
- Research equipment, parts or Allied products to meet specialized customer requirements.
- Provide coverage for assigned territory by routine contact with existing customers and identifying new prospects.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.Apply Now
Listing is current as of Dec 03, 2020 08:30 AM