Territory Sales Representative – Construction Equipment
The Territory Sales position will sell construction, earthmoving equipment and allied products within the greater Cookeville area. Individuals will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with equipment customers within an assigned territory. Reporting to the Nashville Region Sales Manager, will be responsible for contributing to company goals for profitability, market share and customer satisfaction. Working with company support resources, will coordinate the delivery of construction equipment and allied equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, sales, construction or agriculture related field preferred.
- Prior experience representing and selling industry leading high-value, high-tech construction and earthmoving machinery, including excavators, dozers, loaders, motor graders, off-highway trucks, backhoes, etc. (Caterpillar, John Deere, Volvo, Komatsu, etc.) and related equipment.
- Experience in construction environments, and familiarization with area construction customers and production processes.
- Experience collaborating with construction equipment service, repair and parts operations.
- Experience coordinating and participating in construction equipment shows, customer demonstrations, workshops and trade shows.
- Develop product expertise with construction and earthmoving equipment and allied products, and promote Thompson Machinery to equipment customers within the territory.
- Research equipment, parts and allied products to enable development of sales proposals and presentations to address customer requirements, including new and used equipment pricing.
- Identify construction equipment customers and document sales contacts and leads.
- Ability to develop, maintain and manage strong customer relationships with construction and heavy equipment customers.
- Able to function efficiently in a team-oriented, collaborative work environment.
- Excellent communication ability with external customers or suppliers and with internal resources.
- Must reside in, or be willing to relocate to the area, to cover the assigned territory.
- Requires minimal to moderate travel, generally within territory.
The Territory Sales Representative is both a technical expert and the Company’s primary contact with the customer.Responsible for continually communicating with customers to provide an exceptional customer experience; assisting customers in identifying product solutions to address customer needs, and for providing customers with product information and accurate and complete sales quotes for that equipment.
The Territory Sales Representative will possess or develop an understanding of their equipment customer business conditions and operating environments, and should also be able to read and interpret technical information and equipment specifications, operation and service manuals, and understand and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.Apply Now
Listing is current as of Sep 22, 2021 01:45 AM