ThinkBIG Technician – Construction Equipment
The ThinkBIG Technician position is highly competitive technician training program. Potential students in the program must meet several entrance requirements and be willing to attend school in Americus, Georgia at South Georgia Technical College. The program is set up whereas a student will split each school semester in half with the first 8-week term spent in the classroom and the second 8-week term at the host Thompson store, working with one of Thompson Machinery’s ThinkBIG Mentors. Along with classroom responsibilities, each ThinkBIG Technician is responsible for set up, repair, service, diagnostics, preventive maintenance, and installation of replacement parts on Caterpillar diesel powered construction equipment. This is a Mentee technician position working largely with guidance from service mentors. The ThinkBIG Technician reports to one of two ThinkBIG program sponsors, split primarily between the Tennessee and Mississippi stores.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum acceptable ACT test scores – Reading 17, English – 16, Math – 19, or minimum SAT acceptable scores – Reading – 450, Math – 440, or ACCUPLACER – Sentence Skills -70, Reading Comprehension – 64, Elementary Algebra – 57.
- Take our internal Bennett Mechanical, Wonderlic Personnel, and manual dexterity tests.
- Obtain a set of basic mechanic hand tools, including drives, sockets, and wrenches.
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, adaptability and a strong customer service focus.
- Excellent communication skills, with the willingness to work with a service mentor.
- Possess and maintain a current, valid state driver’s license.
The ThinkBIG Technician should be able to learn to read and interpret technical instruction, service and safety manuals, company policies and procedures, work with mechanical, hydraulic and electric/electronic schematics and wiring diagrams, and demonstrate proficiency in the use of test equipment. The position is responsible for high quality academic standings, maintaining a high quality of morals, and sending reports in a timely manner, thus ensuring maximum value for work performed.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including those at South Georgia Technical College, also maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior services, innovative solutions, and lasting relationships. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
Listing is current as of Aug 03, 2021 04:45 PM