Truck Driver – Heavy Equipment
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Operates Class 7 or higher sized trucks requiring current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) in good standing for appropriate vehicle classifications. Trucks will include day-cab tractors pulling flat-bed or lowboy trailers to transport heavy construction equipment, attachments and allied equipment. Will load, unload, secure and transport cargo between company facilities or to customer locations in a timely manner. The Truck Driver position requires the ability and experience to safely operate various sized construction and Allied equipment. Uses safe operating, loading, unloading and tie-down procedures, and conforms to all federal, state and local transportation regulations, including recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
This is a skilled truck driver position working largely independently with supervision and guidance provided by Rental Store Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Possess and maintain a current, valid state Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Three or more years of previous truck driving and construction equipment transportation experience, including loading and unloading equipment.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, integrity, adaptability and a strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive to be successful.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop, maintain and manage strong customer relationships with construction and other similar industry customers.
The Truck Driver-Heavy Equipment position is responsible for high quality delivery services for rental equipment, serving customer needs in a positive, safe and timely manner, and ensuring maximum value for services performed.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present. Therefore, a detailed knowledge of equipment and engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in service and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 50-80 pounds occasionally.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Dec 03, 2023 11:45 PM