Strategic Account Manager
The purpose of this positions is to target and grow strategic rental accounts and support the development of National Accounts working directly with Caterpillar National Account Manager. Focus for this position is on accounts that have over $250,000 within our territory, and accounts that have over $500,000 potential rental revenue per calendar year in at least (2) dealers territory.
- A college degree, formal college training, and/or additional training in the following areas preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of rental sales experience. Some closely related industries would include construction, engineering, and equipment distribution.
- Knowledge and understanding of the training and support capabilities within the Caterpillar organization.
- Knowledge of the operations, sales, service and all other systems that pertain to account growth.
- Ability to write proposals, emails, memo’s etc. to executive level managers.
- Ability to organize and deliver basic rental training on products, operations, sales, service and systems.
- Assessment techniques of examining, questioning, evaluating and reporting on the performance of each strategic account.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Integrated Rental Solutions and DBS.
- Candidate must have great people skills, enthusiastic personality, a proven communicator, and ability to teach in the classroom.
- Sound organizational skills with the ability to coordinate programs and logistics associated with the programs.
- Mechanical aptitude would be very beneficial.
The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for meeting all sales and revenue goals. Therefore, it is critical for someone in this position to possess or be trained in the necessary interpersonal and administrative skills necessary to perform and carry out all the duties listed.
- Obtain 100% of business plan net revenue goals based on strategic account targets.
- Collaborate with other sales and operational management to develop key rental target accounts.
- Work to obtain overall financial utilization with strategic accounts with the following goals:
- CAT Equipment = 30%
- Allied Equipment = 50%
- Work to develop marketing plans to penetrate new accounts.
- Be sure all policies, procedures and processes are being followed as the related to the TMCC Employee Guide Book.
- Oversee the negotiations of major rental sales opportunities.
- Assist Cat National Account Manager with growth, implementation, and all other customer related issues.
- Schedule quarterly meetings with rental management to update on account progress.
- Follow up with all strategic accounts on outstanding accounts receivable as needed.
- Work with Rental Asset Manager on fleet (spec) needs and growth opportunities.
- Develop strategic account plans and strategies.
- Work with Multi-Territorial Customers to increase rental market share within Cat Rental Stores.
- Work with existing rental representatives to develop key target accounts within their specific territories.
- Lost Rent Report to be submitted a minimum of once a month.
- 100% of management requests, special assignment or projects to be completed within the specified time.
- Consistent communications with the rental sales team, and all other departments within Thompson Machinery on progress, issues, needs, etc.
- Work with other Cat dealers as needed to develop strategic accounts.
- Schedule & develop training to meet strategic customer account requirements.
- Attend a Quarterly KPI Rental meeting.
- Develop customer incentive programs to increase rental market share.
- Be a consultative sales person to the key executive decision makers of our strategic accounts.
- Attend scheduled order to cash meetings/accounts receivable.
- Work with Rental Sales Managers to assist in scorecards goals related to strategic accounts.
- Work with General Rental Manger and Rental Asset Manager on forecasting and planning.
- Work with all rental representatives through our territory as needed.
- Work and develop relationship with all Allied vendors.
- Work with all Strategic Account Managers at other Cat dealers as needed.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Jun 26, 2022 11:45 AM