Prepares equipment, equipment attachments and accessories for delivery to sales staff, customers or service chop(s). Must be skilled in operating heavy equipment to load and unload units from equipment hauling trailers and around property as necessary for safe transportation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience preferred (equipment, automotive, industrial, etc.)
- Demonstrate proficiency in loading/unloading equipment & properly securing loads for transport.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic Microsoft windows-based applications.
- Must be able to communicate via email effectively and efficiently (MS Office 365, Lotus Notes, etc.).
- Understands and remembers all written and verbal instructions. Carries out instructions accurately.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Proper lifting of up to 50 pounds unassisted to waist level.
- Sporadic bending at the waist 10-90 degrees.
- Ability to kneel and reach, working in these positions: crouched, kneeling, bent at the waist, etc.
- Forward reach of up to 16-20 inches.
- Operate/maneuver foot pedals of tow motor and/or trucks and equipment.
- Full range of motion for looking ahead, to each side and to the rear when operating a vehicle or crane.
- Maintains organized equipment inventory staging areas.
- Load and secure parts, equipment and/or accessories for delivery.
- Unload equipment and accessories.
- Assist with other facility operation duties as needed.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.