Accounts Payable Specialist
Coordinates various accounts payable responsibilities to meet company goals and expectations. Support customer, co-worker and manager requests for accurate data and efficient resolution of accounting-related concerns.
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- High school diploma required
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude and reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Work, 10-key
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Enter approximately 300 vendor invoices into the accounting system daily
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- 1099 maintenance and reporting
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month-end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Dec 03, 2020 06:30 AM