Extend the life of your equipment
To extend the life of your equipment, Thompson Machinery offers the Caterpillar Certified Rebuild or Certified Power Train program. Following strict Caterpillar guidelines and using genuine Caterpillar parts, we completely disassemble a machine and rebuild it. You get a like-new machine, with a warranty backed by Caterpillar, at a fraction of the cost of buying new. When most competitive models would require replacement, Cat equipment can be rebuilt to deliver a cost-effective “second life.”
Our Equipment Rebuild Programs
Resilience lies at the heart of the Caterpillar legacy. Cat machines have modular parts that allow us to repair and rebuild them to like-new condition. At Thompson Machinery, we specialize in two Cat Certified Rebuild programs.
Cat Certified Rebuild
A Cat Certified Rebuild involves a complete restoration of Cat machinery. Get more use out of your older equipment with:
- Restoration to like-new performance
- Replacement of around 7,000 parts, down to the wiring, gaskets, and switches
- Frame inspection, reinforcement, and repair
- Completion of more than 350 tests and inspections to ensure optimal performance
- Reconditioning of critical systems like the engine, hydraulic systems, torque converter, and transmission
- Technology and engineering updates
- Refreshed equipment appearance
Cat Certified Powertrain
When your equipment has a worn-out power train, our rebuild team can focus on this system. A Cat Certified Power Train Rebuild includes these features:
- Complete restoration of the engine, radiator, transmission, torque converter, axle, and final drive
- Reconditioning or replacement of almost 3,000 different power train parts, including electronics and hardware
- Performance of approximately 200 inspections and tests of power train components
- Updates and improvements to power train engineering
- Hydraulic system kidney loop and rebuild
The Cat Certified Rebuild Process
Rebuilding your equipment according to Caterpillar standards involves 10 steps:
- Inspection: Visual inspection, fluid analysis, maintenance review, and rebuild plan development
- Disassembly: Full replacement of small parts and reconditioning or replacement of larger parts
- Reconditioning: Frame reconditioning, shaft bearing replacement, hydraulic system restoration, and electronic system replacement
- Engineering updates: Incorporation of engineering updates that happened after the machine’s original production
- Power train tests: Testing, reconditioning and updating of the engine, fuel system, transmission, radiator, final drives, differential, and torque converter
- Reassembly: Reassembly of parts according to the original torques, clearances, and pressure settings
- Performance testing: Quality control tests, contamination control procedures, and instrument testing
- Repainting: Full machine repainting, graphic replacement, and Cat Certified Rebuild decal issue
- Serial or product identification number assignment: Assignment of a new Cat Certified Rebuild serial or product identification number
- Your evaluation: Full evaluation by the owner and operators to ensure your satisfaction
When you choose to get a Cat Certified Rebuild, you enjoy these advantages of our program:
- Cost savings: A Cat Certified Rebuild is more cost-effective than a complete equipment replacement. We make the most out of the available resources to save you money while delivering like-new performance.
- Cutting-edge improvements: During the rebuild process, we update your equipment’s systems and machinery to resemble newer models. You will get the modern improvements from new equipment at a lower price.
- Warranty coverage: Both the Cat Certified Rebuild and Cat Certified Power Train Rebuild programs include extended warranties. Cover your equipment or power train for up to three years and 5,000 service hours. We also offer a new parts warranty on all of the parts that we replace during the rebuild process.
Request a Cat Equipment Rebuild From Thompson Machinery
Let us give your old Cat equipment a new life. Request a Cat Certified Rebuild today by contacting your nearest location.