Caterpillar® Equipment Training Solutions
When you work in an industry that utilizes the power and versatility of heavy equipment, productivity depends on the skill of your operators. Thompson Machinery and Caterpillar Equipment Training Programs represent a broad offering of educational opportunities created to ensure the key members of your team are able to competently and confidently utilize Cat® Equipment. No matter the specific industry or type of machines and applications, our training programs deliver “proven results” in helping your company increase safety and productivity while reducing costs as well as wear and tear on equipment.
Operator Training Aerial Equipment
The Cat Rental Store at Thompson Machinery offers online and in-person operator and aerial equipment certification courses for electric and rough terrain aerial equipment, as well as earthmoving Cat equipment. The OSHA approved curriculum provides each attendee with the highest level of safety training that also meets all American National Standards Institute (ANSI) regulations. The Cat Rental Store operator and aerial equipment certification courses are offered on the following equipment:
- Aerial Boom Lift Operator Certification
- Scissor Lift Operator Certification
- Forklift Operator Certification
- Rough Terrain Forklift Operator Certification
- Heavy Equipment Operator Certification
Heavy Equipment Operator Training
Cat construction equipment is designed to provide the reliability, durability and performance you’ve come to expect from the world-wide industry leader. Our training programs teach operators how to get the most out of the heavy equipment in your fleet by acquiring the skills needed to get more done in less time with improved job site safety. We not only teach operators techniques that speed up cycle times, lower fuel consumption and maximize uptime, but we also instill an understanding of how to perform routine inspections and regular maintenance to better protect your equipment.
Operators of all experience and certification levels are able to take advantage of three different types of training including:
- Instructor-Led Training – Benefit from one-on-one and group training sessions led by certified expert instructors held either on-site or at the nearest Caterpillar Demonstration & Learning Center. The three-tier program moves through Level I – Competent Operator Training, Level II – Professional Operator Training and Level III Professional Operator Certification. Additionally, the training provide is in compliance with MSHA Part 46.
- Online Heavy Equipment Operator Training – By utilizing CDs and online training modules and resources, entry-level operators, technicians, fleet managers and owners are able to study operating, maintenance and equipment safety procedures from virtually anywhere in the world. Participants receive a detailed overview and instructions on how to do everything from starting, stopping and moving machines — including proper mounting and dismounting procedures — to locating and identifying safety warning signals, safety equipment and machine monitoring system warning levels.
- Cat Equipment Simulators – This unique opportunity provides a cost-efficient way for operators to gain additional skills, work on perfecting techniques and enhance their understanding of the features and technology of Cat equipment in a safe and effective virtual environment. Cat Simulators can be used at any time of day by any number of operators on your staff and provide built-in testing for help assessing individual performance.
Caterpillar University Offers Operator Training Courses Online
e-Learning with CaterpillarUniversity.com is an economic way to access quality training for your team of operators. These insightful and intensive online courses can be used as a stand-alone resource for operator training as well as in conjunction with additional instructor-led and simulator training programs. A wide variety of classes are available including equipment-specific learning for track-type tractors, backhoe loaders, wheel loaders, hydraulic excavators, articulated trucks and many other types of heavy machinery.
Learn more about the training programs available from the Cat Rental Store and Thompson Machinery today. Give us a call or contact us online for additional details on courses, including pricing and availability.