Supervisor – Field Service
The Field Service Supervisor position is responsible for managing all skilled service mechanics/technicians, support staff at the designated location. Assigns work & directs staff to ensure that safe, appropriate and efficient repairs are performed. Interacts with customers and other supervisors regarding service progress.
- High school diploma required, college and/or technical education preferred.
- Service Technician training and/or equipment service and maintenance training through accredited technical schools, equipment dealerships or manufacturer factory training preferred.
- Five or more years of previous hands-on equipment diagnostics and advanced troubleshooting experience working on construction equipment.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and on-call hours as required.
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, adaptability and a strong customer service focus.
- Sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive for success.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to travel as required for meetings and training (less than 15%).
- Assigns work within company facilities and at remote field locations, providing assistance to technicians in prioritizing and locating field service customers.
- Coordinates contact with technicians to support parts availability and parts orders, timely completion of work orders, and development of work schedules.
- Interacts with individual and commercial equipment customers and with company Product Support leadership regarding service status.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for assigned operational unit.
- Investigate & document events of work related Injury and/or property damages.
- Maintain effective work, vacation and training scheduled for assigned staff.
- Submit accurate time records related to work performed and/or hours worked.
- Respond to customer inquiries related to service.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
Listing is current as of Jul 03, 2020 07:30 AM