Marketing Intern – Part Time
Thompson Machinery is looking for a self-motivated, eager college student to join our team as a Marketing Intern. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the Marketing team on a variety of campaigns and projects. The Marketing Intern will be primarily responsible for tracking and managing leads generated by a variety of internal and external sources, communicating with customers, general project management. Position will be part-time working 20-25 hours a week.
- Working towards a Bachelor or Graduate degree in Marketing, IT, Business, Finance or related major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must communicate effectively with customers.
- Provide administrative support, including research and coordination.
- Achieve an understanding of Thompson Machinery and related industries well enough to make the appropriate recommendations to clients.
- Execute marketing programs to include use of telemarketing, direct mail EDA/UCC analytics.
- Manage client lists as they evolve to different target segments.
- Provide an excellent customer experience to customers.
- Punctual and strong time management skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to work well in a collaborative environment as well as individually.
- Generate, track, and manage qualified leads within company database.
- Pass qualified leads to appropriate personnel to pursue the opportunity.
- Maintain an understanding of basic operation and applications for Caterpillar and Allied products.
- Maintain a current understanding of the merchandising programs and consistently have discussions with clients on current promotions.
- Responsible for continuous data quality improvement of existing client information to include the validation of client mailing addresses, equipment owned, and contact names.
- Call clients who purchased competitive products and services to validate the transaction and inquire on decision making factors. Provide information on a similar product for future reference.
- Works within and promotes corporate values.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Mar 04, 2021 02:30 AM