Power Rental Fleet Coordinator
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Energy Solutions is searching for a Fleet Coordinator in Tupelo, Mississippi. The positions will work closely assisting salesmen with rental quotations and orders, including inventory availability, coordination of transportation/shipping, service requests, invoicing, and return of rental units. Additionally, the position will have responsibility for periodically delivering rental equipment in a Ford F450, as well as conducting minor repairs on gensets, compressed air and temperature control/HVAC units.
- General knowledge of Power Rental equipment preferred: mobile gensets, compressed air, and temperature control / HVAC systems.
- Commitment to superior customer service including strong communication skills.
- Self-starter work ethic with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and manage consecutive projects.
- Serve as branch contact responsible for recommending Power Rental equipment solutions.
- Assist Sales Representative with quotations, reservations, contracts, and coordinating logistics.
- Periodically assist with pick-up and delivery of equipment and parts, drive company vehicle.
- Execute rental equipment return-to-ready process.
- Coordinate equipment PM/Service scheduling.
- Make outbound calls to new and existing customers to promote Power Rental products and services.
- Ensure a safe work environment while following company safety procedures.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds as needed.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Feb 22, 2024 05:45 PM