Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Staff Accountant will play a crucial role in analyzing, reconciling, and maintaining detailed inventory and gross profit reporting. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the financial aspects of inventory, participating in the month end close process, providing reports for operational units and reviewing the inventory and related accounts on the balance sheet and providing commentary. You will partner with teams across the organization, including sales, rental, and warranty, to optimize inventory processes and resolve any inventory-related concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related required
- At least two years’ experience in accounting or a related field.
- Analytical skills with a strong sense of organization and detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word or Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must develop functional ability in the use of proprietary software.
- Oversee the inventory accounting processes including analyze, reconcile, research & resolve discrepancies and make necessary adjusting entries.
- Reconcile and review Gross Profit statements for operating units.
- Oversee the CAT Statement monthly process including communication to management.
- Assist with the monthly inventory balancing process between inventory system and general ledger.
- Oversee the inventory cycle count process including the communication of results to management.
- Manage the annual physical inventory count process.
- Assist both Controller and Assistant Controller with ad-hoc tasks and requests.
- Research and coordinate resolution of discrepancies for all operational units.
- Develop and implement inventory account policies and procedures.
- Role will grow into the supervision of EMS Accounting staff.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Feb 22, 2024 06:45 PM