Technology Support Specialist – SITECH
The Technology Support Specialist will provide primary assistance, support and training for SITECH Tri-Rivers customers in a designated territory. This roll will provide secondary support for other SITECH Tri-Rivers territories and regions as needed. This is a full-time positions that will be based out of Nashville, TN focusing support on Middle and West Tennessee and North Mississippi.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering preferred or related work experience.
- Extensive survey and construction experience in Heavy Civil Construction, including commercial site development and paving.
- Experience working with Trimble GC900, Trimble Earthworks, CAT Accugrade, CAT Grade, Trimble and Spectra Laser Systems, Paving Controls Systems, etc. preferred.
- Exhibits communication skills necessary to sell premium technology products.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative.
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Day-to-day travel in middle Tennessee required; and some overnight trips in West Tennessee and North Mississippi required.
- Assist and perform installation of machine control systems including, but not limited to GCS9000, Trimble Earthworks, CAT Accugrade, CAT Grade, Trimble and Spectral Laser Systems, Pacing Control systems and other attachments as needed.
- Train and support customers in the use of machine control, site positioning, intelligent compaction, and paving control systems and office software with the intent to get customer self-sufficient in these areas.
- Receive first call from customers in designated region and see that timely service is provided; utilize other Service and Support Specialist if needed to best meet the needs of the customer if required
- Support Technology Sales Representatives and customers to ensure proper technology solutions are selected, sold, trained on and utilized properly to achieved targeted benefits.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationship and ensure customers are getting the maximum ROI through support, training and after sales follow up.
- Support paving and other specialty professional services for customers; these services will need to be scheduled and prepared for by SITECH to provide the best results
- Maintain responsibility for vehicle, demo inventory, computer, and/or any other company assets entrusted to you to perform your job duties.
- Escalate any unresolved issues in an effective and time efficient manner to the proper associates
- Research common problems identified with machine guidance systems and determine required corrective outcomes as and when required
- Work directly with Trimble and SITECH support staff along with associates of heavy equipment OEMs staff on matters of sales, support and other field activities
- Maintain responsibility for all company assets issued to you. This includes but not limited to, demo equipment, field service equipment, vehicles, computers, and paperwork
- Consistently follow all job and office related policies and procedures
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Oct 19, 2020 05:30 PM