The Rebuild Manager will be responsible to increase the remanufacturing opportunities for TMCC in both machine and component rebuilds while creating efficiencies in Parts, Service and inventory practices of rebuilt parts and components while ensuring strategic Caterpillar & TMCC goals are met annually.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technical field or relevant experience preferred, High School diploma required.
- Five or more years of management-level equipment service experience with P&L responsibility and demonstrated success in service operations.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, training, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- Identify opportunities to stock see components rebuilt by Thompson and manage utilization.
- Evaluate the acquisition cost, refurbish cost, the level needed to refurbish the machine, and work with used equipment to understand the market interest and value to resell.
- Ensure Volume and Pull through of Machine Rebuilds, Certified Component Rebuilds, and CPRO parts orders meet Customer & Company needs, working closely with the Product Support Sales Manager, Product Support Sales Representatives, General Parts Manager, and Regional Product Support Managers.
- Evaluate customer fleet and suggest CPRO stocking.
- Work closely with Caterpillar and other vendors to ensure rebuild standards are met with all vendors.
- Engage Service Manager and Regional Product Support Manger to keep volumes of rebuilt machines and components on track.
- Involve Product Support Sales Managers to Identify strategies and accompany PSSR’s to help delivery strategies to create customer interest, customer confidence, and to close opportunities. Provide turnaround times, loaner support, total lifetime costs analysis vs new replacement, warranty offering, CVA support & marketing support.
- Engage quoting activities working closely with estimators and PSSR’s to ensure proper scope of work is prepared for the customer.
- Ensure Component Rebuild Center’s and Rebuild Center understand the scope of work and proper contacts are maintained within internal departments and customers.
- Direct project managers to ensure reporting, communication, and coordinating of all ongoing work meets expectations.
- Coordinates rebuild timelines and store capacity for both machines & components to ensure company resources are best utilized, evaluated, and suggested opportunities to reduce rebuild times and increase efficiency by using PQVC Methodology:
- People – Primary focus is safety.
- Quality – Primary focus is to reduce defects per unit.
- Velocity – Meeting promise dates increasing production.
- Cost – Primary focus for reducing cost for both dealer and customer.
- Report performance, both timing and financial, to Regional Managers and the Director of Service on a bi-weekly basis.
- Report utilization of Seed components to Director of Service, General Parts Manager, & the VO of Product Support quarterly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present. Therefore, a detailed knowledge of equipment and engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in service and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Feb 22, 2024 05:45 PM