Rental Branch Manager
The Rental Branch Manager directs all aspects of the company’s Branch Store business for rental equipment and allied products, including sales, service, and parts. The position will foster an environment of team, centered around its employees and its customer base. The Rental Branch Manager supports implementing strategies for the branch territory, including expanding market share and customers within the area. Maintains appropriate staffing, scheduling, customer satisfaction, support and resources for the branch location.
Reporting to the Rental General Manager, the Rental Branch Manager works closely with rental Sales, Service and Parts leadership within the Dealership and Caterpillar to leverage resources to align and deliver company goals for profitability, market share and customer satisfaction. Responsible to meet or exceed customer expectations through the sales, service, parts and Dealership business processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or technical field preferred, High School diploma required.
- Proven quantitative experience leading and managing construction equipment sales, service and parts operations, P&L responsibilities, asset management, and budgeting.
- Ability to develop, maintain and manage strong customer relationships with area construction contractors, equipment owners and rental customers.
- Experience representing major heavy equipment brands, including the full equipment line and Allied products that complement earth moving equipment customers.
- Familiarization with equipment delivery, service, repair and parts operations.
- Must reside in, or be willing to relocate into the Branch location area.
- Requires minimal to light travel, generally within territory.
- Responsible for managing/providing the Thompson Retail Experience for all rental product inquiries.
- Works closely with Sales, Parts, and Service management to lead a successful Branch workforce.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Dealership business model, construction equipment sales and service, and a familiarization with construction industry customers and project management.
- Able to function efficiently in, and to manage a team-oriented, collaborative work environment.
- Excellent communications ability with external customers and suppliers, and internal resources.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Sep 22, 2021 02:50 AM