Rental Service Manager
The Rental Service Manager position is responsible for managing all service operations within the Rental Store facility. Reporting to the Rental Store Branch Manager, the position oversees and directs the company’s skilled service technicians and support staff and service shop activities and corresponding work orders for the Cat Rental Store location.
The position plays an integral role in hiring and training rental technicians, setting service shop procedures and standards, and overseeing service shop safety. Coordinates technician training and sharing of technical and new model information. Assists Rental Store Manager and technicians in prioritizing and completing service responsibilities and delivering return-to-ready metrics for the Rental Store.
- Three or more years of previous supervisory equipment service experience working on construction equipment, preferably within the equipment rental industry
- Background in service technician training and/or equipment service and maintenance training through accredited technical schools, rental dealerships or manufacturer factory training preferred
- Monitor all equipment repairs and maintenance and corresponding work orders
- Provide high quality control standards while maintaining high-level of equipment readiness
- Address customer damage issues and accurately bill promptly
- Motivate and coach technicians to exceed time and quality standards to comply with our measurable matrixes
- Evaluate performance of team members and identify appropriate skills training
- Responsible for cost associated with repair and maintenance within allotted budgets
- Coordinate daily rental plan with Rental Coordinators and Branch Manager.
- Maintain adequate staffing
- Oversee parts spending to control unnecessary costs and submit warranty claims
- Promote and drive a strong safety culture through disciplined leadership, accountability, and rewards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Aug 19, 2022 03:45 AM