As you come closer to annual on-highway truck inspection time, you need Department of Transportation (DOT) inspection experts on your side who know how to prep your fleet for a passing grade. At Thompson Machinery, we specialize in a wide range of services that keep your overweight vehicles in line with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) standards. From guiding you through the new vehicle registration process to getting your trucks ready for an annual inspection, Thompson Machinery can help.
Contact Us to Schedule Your Inspection
Select the Right Dealer for Your DOT Inspections in TN & MS
On-highway trucks need to meet federal DOT standards to be considered safely operational. At Thompson Machinery, we understand the ins and outs of maintaining and operating on-highway trucks and have a solid record of helping clients pass inspections with ease.
Our team of experts can help you prepare for and perform federal inspections for various on-highway vehicles. We take factors such as the following into account:
- Brake system condition, including service brakes, parking brakes and brake components
- Condition of coupling devices such as the drawbar or towbar eye, pintle hooks and safety devices
- Exhaust system integrity
- Fuel system integrity
- Lighting device functionality
- Loading safety
- Condition of steering mechanisms
- Suspension integrity
- Frame integrity
- Tire, wheel, and rim condition
- Windshield glazing condition
Our team is always ready to answer any questions you may have regarding your on-highway vehicle inspections, including the parts of your truck that we’ll inspect. Annual inspections can feel daunting, especially if you’re new to owning and operating on-highway trucks. However, our team makes this process incredibly simple. Our truck shop can also perform the necessary repairs to meet federal standards.
Why Choose Thompson Machinery for On-Highway Truck Inspections?
Thompson Machinery has been serving commercial and agricultural vehicle owners in Tennessee and Mississippi for over 75 years. We’re dedicated to providing our valued clients with the tools and services they need to stay safe on the road at all times. When you partner with Thompson Machinery for your DOT inspections, you can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Excellent customer service: We’re committed to meeting your needs every step of the way. From providing you with a checklist of the right inspection documents to performing efficient vehicle inspections, we want to make your experience as seamless as possible.
- Expedient service: Our service is always fast and reliable. We have skilled technicians in multiple locations across Tennessee, so you can get your vehicle to an inspection location close to you with little downtime.
- State-of-the-art facilities: Our spacious facilities feature advanced technology, enabling us to provide high-quality on-highway vehicle inspections with a fast turnaround.
- Knowledge and experience: Thompson Machinery has the knowledge, technical expertise and industry experience to provide excellent on-highway vehicle inspection services for various vehicle types. All of our technicians have spent years working in the industry, so you can trust our team to quickly get your vehicles up to par.
Choose Thompson Machinery
We’re dedicated to helping you pass your on-highway vehicle inspection. Lower your rate of collisions, accidents, property loss and other serious vehicular incidents by keeping your on-highway vehicles in line with DOT regulations.
Learn more about our inspection services when you contact us today.