Technical Communicator – West Region
Supports service technicians through one-on-one, phone or written communication. Research technical issues (bulletins, schematics, internet, etc.) and presents efficient repair solutions. Create, locate and maintain resources for technical support for technicians. This position will service the west region within Thompson Machinery.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, with 3-5 years prior experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, vendors or managers related to job functions.
- Must develop functional ability in the use of proprietary (i.e. Caterpillar, etc.) software.
- Demonstrate proficiency in machine troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of failure analysis.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Instruction/Mentor skills by Training Jr. Technicians and Customers as needed.
- Must be able to communicate via email effectively and efficiently (MS Office 365, Lotus Notes, etc.).
- Must be able to use available phone system effectively.
- Maintain valid driver’s license from the state of personal residency & comply with corporate driving policy.
- Understands and remembers all written and verbal instructions. Carries out instructions accurately.
- Evaluate & communicate findings on failed components using applied failure analysis.
- Evaluate & troubleshoot customer and company equipment for repairs.
- Interpret test results from service technicians.
- Research & interpret components, diagrams and systems for equipment repairs.
- Review and maintain familiarity with service letters, magazines and news published by vendors.
- Uses personal and company tools/resources effectively. Demonstrates troubleshooting aptitude by thinking through problems.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Constantly maintains an awareness of hazards inherent to work.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior services, innovative solutions, and lasting relationships. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.